Tesla Introduces Worlds Longest Range Electric Car
Tesla Introduces Worlds Longest Range Electric Car Model S 100D 335 miles with a single charge and previously launched Model X that can go 295 miles on a charge .
Interestingly enough, the 90D is still available, but don’t be surprised if Tesla soon removes it from its website just as quietly as it added the new longest-range consumer EV in the entire world.
Apart from the extra 10 kWh of battery capacity, the 90D and 100D offer the same standard equipment. That includes the latest in Tesla’s autonomous driving hardware, which will only make the car smarter with future software updates.
For a while Tesla first roadster, which went into production in 2008, and its Model S, first shown to the public in 2009, aren’t offered at what most would term ‘affordable’, a new Model 3 has a scheduled on-sale date of 2018 and will reportedly be priced at around $95,000 ( Rs 6470000) .
- The car can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in a mere 2.4 seconds .
- New Model 3 has a scheduled on-sale date of 2018 .
- Model S 100D will accelerate to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and top out at 155 mph .
- Model X 100D will accelerate to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds and also top out at 155 mph.
- These cars come with “collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking,” according to the design studio website .
It also brings down the entry price of Tesla’s 100 kWh battery pack by an incredible amount since the Model S P100D starts at over $130,000 ( Rs 8850000 ) . As both the models are not compared by its speed as both models runs on a top speed of 155 miles /h .
Both Models have pretty much identical equipment aside from the different battery packs and as of December 2016, all these cars come with “collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking,” according to the design studio website.